2. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13.
3. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
4. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
a – Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- When you register for our newsletter, one of our conferences or any other service we provide, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including – but not limited to – your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you send us.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We may also collect Personal Data, at other points in our Site, that state that Personal Data is being collected.
b – Information Collected via Technology.
- To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- The cookies and web beacons we use collect non-personally identifiable information about users of the Site including browser used to access the site, date and time, the URL of the page being loaded, users who have visited a particular website(s), any previously assigned cookie identification (a unique identifier assigned to a user to identify repeat visitors), browser window size, the geographic location of the user, device and operating system used to access the Site. The information we collect from these cookies and web beacons is used to determine information about a user’s visit to our Site, including the number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed, navigation history through the website, and other statistics. This information is used to enhance the users experience while visiting our Site and to improve the performance of our Site by, among other things, allowing us to monitor Site performance, making the Site easier to use, measuring the effectiveness of promotional placements, and tailoring the Site (including the ads and offers a user receives) to better match a user’s interests and preferences.
Users who prefer not to accept cookies can set their Internet browser to notify them when they receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being placed on their hard drive. If you consent to our collection of cookies and you subsequently wish to withdraw your consent, you will need to manage the settings on your web browser to delete all cookies and disallow further acceptance of cookies. Please note that disabling cookies on your browser will prevent us from tracking your activities in relations to our Site, however, it may also disable some of the functions and features of the Site and the Site may not work properly.
- If you would like to determine your consent status, please contact us at:
- If you do not wish to accept cookies or web beacons in connection with your use of this Site, please discontinue use of the Site.
c – Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to use our services or register for one of our conferences, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. You or the third party may contact us at to request the removal of this information from our database.
d – Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from third parties. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
5. Use of Your Personal Data
a – General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services, for other marketing purposes of Company, and regarding relevant partner offers.
b – Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Company reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
a – Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
7. Third Party Data Collection.
a – Information Disclosed to Ad Networks. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. These companies may collect and use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services to you.
b – We work with third party vendors to provide a more customized experience for you. To do so, we disclose personally identifiable information about you (specifically, your name and email address) to those vendors, though we do not allow them to re-sell or use that information for their own purposes
8. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
a – Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
(i) We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
(iii) If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
b – Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
9. Security of Your Personal Data. Company is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Company uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Company cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Plantrician Project
PO Box 741596
Boynton Beach, FL 33474
The website located at www.plantricianproject.org (the “Site”) is a copyrighted work belonging to The Plantrician Project (“Company”, “us”, “our”, and “we”). Company conducts educational conferences and develops educational resources emphasizing the benefits of a plant-based diet in preventing, controlling and even reversing chronic disease. (Collectively, with all other services provided through the Site, the “Services.”) Certain features of the Services or Site may be subject to additional guidelines, terms, or rules, which will be posted on the Service or Site in connection with such features. All such additional terms, guidelines, and rules are incorporated by reference into this Agreement.
1.1 Account Creation. In order to register for one of our conferences, you must provide certain information about yourself as prompted by the conference registration form. You represent and warrant that all required registration information you submit is truthful and accurate. Company may suspend or terminate your registration in accordance with Section 9.
2. Payment Terms
2.1 Ordering Services. You may register for a conference by following the directions on the Site. You can either register on-line (securely) using a credit card or by filling out a printable registration form and following the instructions on that form.
2.2 Payment Terms. If you register for a conference, you agree to pay the then-current applicable conference fee listed on the Site at www.plantricianproject.org. Company will automatically bill your submitted credit card. Cancellation of conference registration must be processed via telephone with our support line or in writing to the address and/or email below. If you choose to cancel your registration, you must notify the Company more than 3 weeks before the first day of the conference and you will be refunded your registration fee less 15%. There will be NO REFUND for cancellations occurring 3 weeks or less from the first day of the conference.
You hereby authorize Company to bill your credit card as described above. If any fee cannot be charged to your credit card for any reason, Company may provide you, via email, notice of such non-payment and a link for you to update your payment information. If such non-payment is not remedied within seven (7) days after receiving such notice of non-payment, then Company may terminate your conference registration.
3.1 License. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Company grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to use the Site for your personal, noncommercial use.
3.2 Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to you in this Agreement are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Site or Services; (b) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site or Services; (c) you shall not access the Site or Services in order to build a similar or competitive service; and (d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Site or Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site or Services shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement. All copyright and other proprietary notices on any Site or Services content must be retained on all copies thereof.
3.3 Modification. Company reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Site or Services or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that Company will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site or Services or any part thereof, except and if otherwise expressly set forth in Section 9.
3.4 No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that Company will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site or Services.
3.5 Ownership. You acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, are owned by Company or Company’s licensors. The provision of the Site and Services does not transfer to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights. Company and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in this Agreement.
4. Feedback. If you provide Company any feedback or suggestions regarding the Site or Services (“Feedback”), you hereby assign to Company all rights in the Feedback and agree that Company shall have the right to use such Feedback and related information in any manner it deems appropriate. Company will treat any Feedback you provide to Company as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to Company any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
5. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Company (and its officers, employees, and agents) harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Site or Services, (b) your violation of this Agreement; or © your violation of applicable laws or regulations. Company reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Company. Company will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
6. Third Party Sites & Ads; Other Users
6.1 Third Party Sites & Ads. The Site might contain links to third party websites, services, and advertisements for third parties (collectively, “Third Party Sites & Ads”). Such Third Party Sites & Ads are not under the control of Company and Company is not responsible for any Third Party Sites & Ads. Company provides these Third Party Sites & Ads only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third Party Sites & Ads. You use all Third Party Sites & Ads at your own risk. When you link to a Third Party Site & Ad, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third Party Sites & Ads.
6.2 Release. You hereby release and forever discharge us (and our officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns) from, and hereby waive and relinquish, each and every past, present and future dispute, claim, controversy, demand, right, obligation, liability, action and cause of action of every kind and nature (including personal injuries, death, and property damage), that has arisen or arises directly or indirectly out of, or relates directly or indirectly to, any interactions with, or act or omission of, other Site or Service users or Third Party Sites & Ads. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542 IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING, WHICH STATES: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” AND WE (AND OUR CONTRIBUTORS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE OR SERVICES: (A) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; OR (C) WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE (AND OUR CONTRIBUTORS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) FIFTY US DOLLARS ($50) OR (B) AMOUNTS YOU’VE PAID COMPANY IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS (IF ANY). THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. YOU AGREE THAT OUR CONTRIBUTORS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Term and Termination. Subject to this Section, this Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Site or Services and/or while you are registered for or attending any of our conferences. We may (a) suspend your rights to use the Site and/or Services or (b) terminate this Agreement, at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Site or Services in violation of this Agreement. Upon termination of this Agreement, your Company Account and right to access and use the Site and Services will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Company Account involves deletion of your User Content associated therewith from our live databases. Company will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of this Agreement. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, if Company terminates this Agreement other than due to your violation of this Agreement or discontinues the Service, Company will provide you a pro-rata refund of your registration fee. Even after this Agreement is terminated, the following provisions of this Agreement will remain in effect: Sections 3.2-3.5, 4–10.
10.2 Dispute Resolution.
- Governing Law and Venue.* This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Missouri without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles that may require the application of the law of another jurisdiction. Any action or proceeding relating to a claim or controversy at law or equity that arises out of or relates to this Agreement or the Site or Services (a “claim”) must be brought in a federal or state court located in Saint Louis, MO and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any such court in any such action or proceeding, unless such claim is submitted to arbitration as set forth below. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Company may seek injunctive relief in any court having jurisdiction to protect its intellectual property or confidential or proprietary information.
- Contact Company First.* If a dispute arises between you and Company, our goal is to learn about and address your concerns and, if we are unable to do so to your satisfaction, to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. You agree that you will notify us about any dispute you have with Company regarding our Site or Services by emailing .
- Alternative Dispute Resolution.* For any claim where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000 USD, the party requesting relief may choose to resolve the dispute through binding non-appearance-based arbitration in accordance with the following: (i) the arbitration will be provided through a nationally-recognized alternative dispute resolution provider mutually agreed upon by the parties; (ii) the arbitration will be conducted in one or more of the following manners at the option of the party initiating arbitration: telephone, online, or written submissions; (iii) the arbitration will not involve any personal appearances by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise agreed by the parties; and (iv) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Improperly Filed Claims.* All claims between you and Company must be resolved in accordance with these terms. All claims filed or brought contrary to this Section shall be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim contrary to this Section, Company may recover attorneys’ fees and costs up to $1,000, provided that Company has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you fail to promptly withdraw the claim. Similarly, should Company file a claim contrary to this Section, you may recover attorneys’ fees and costs up to $1,000, provided that you have notified Company in writing of the improperly filed claim, and Company fails to promptly withdraw the claim. The remedies in this subsection will not limit any other remedies that either party may have in law or in equity.
10.3 Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site and Services. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word including means including without limitation. If any provision of this Agreement is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of this Agreement will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Your relationship to Company is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. The terms of this Agreement shall be binding upon assignees.
10.4 Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2014, The Plantrician Project. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
10.5 Contact Information:
The Plantrician Project
PO Box 741596
Boynton Beach, FL 33474